How can you get involved and support your local Young Carers' Project?
* Tweet & Tag us on all social media platforms on Tuesday 16th March 2021 by simply sharing our Young Carers video - link below and attached poster. (Facebook: Thurrock Young Carers Twitter: BandDCarers)
* Share the below poster with everyone.
* Help us reach 1,500 views on our YouTube video by taking a 5 minute break to watch it and learn a bit more about our project. ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7QIMStRw-c&t=18s)
* Wear something Yellow on the day & take a selfie and add to Facebook or Twitter whilst tagging us. It can be as simple as some yellow socks or a hairband.
* Join us for one of our a LIVE Q&A's. ( With Charlotte & Carron - Young Carers Project Workers at 12.30pm Meeting ID: 899 0044 4397 OR at 5pm Meeting ID: 899 1741 7276 with some of our Young Carers. PASSCODE for both: YCAD2021 )
What is Young Carers Action Day (YCAD)?
Young Carers Action Day is an annual event, organised by Carers Trust.
It has taken place over the last six years to raise awareness of young carers and the incredible contribution they make to their families and local communities.
Until now, YCAD stood for Young Carers Awareness Day. But following feedback from young carers, we have made some changes, including the name!
What’s new about YCAD this year?
Thanks to some really important feedback from young carers, we:
- Have changed the name to Young Carers Action Day and it's now in March, not January. This year it’s March 16.
- Want to amplify the voice of young carers and put them right at the heart of planning for YCAD. So we have created a Steering Group of young/young adult carers.
- Are now including young adult carers, aged 18–25!
What is the theme for YCAD 2021?
We’ve had some great conversations with young/young adult carers. They told us they wanted the day to be about their futures, highlighting the incredible skills they have developed through being a carer – like resilience, time-management and empathy.
These are all important skills, not just for young people moving into higher education - but also for those looking to enter the workplace. What’s more, they are skills highly sought after by employers.
So YCAD 2021 will be all about young carers’ futures. The theme is: Protect Young Carers' Futures.
All the above infor has been taken from the Carers Trust website (https://carers.org/young-carers-action-day-2021/young-carers-action-day-...)